Pages

Stay Updated on All Things Art

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

FEATURED ARTIST - Rahleecoh J. Ishakarah

Memphis College of Art student, Rahleecoh Ishakarah, will be featured Sunday, February 21, 2010 at Art Speak Memphis. You can view samples of his work at http://rlc.site40.net/

From the Artist....

"My name is RahleeCoh J. Ishakarah. I'm originally from Jackson, MS, but I currently attend Memphis College of Art as a sophomore. My major is in Desing with a concentration in Sequential Narrative. Through the design program, I will illustrate ideas in a number of different forms such as film, comic, and stories.

Personal projects are usually fine art pursuits. I strive to produce strong compositions that incorporate my beliefs and ideas. Right now I'm interested in the power of confidence in a time where there is little hope. I used a moonflower to illustrate this idea in one of my works. This particular flower blooms at night, the time in which most things dwindle. This concept is in the wellspring of many other ideas, and I plan to use these ideas to create a connection to the events that are going on in my life.

Finding connections with other people and their relation to me has been another motivating factor for my art. This is one of the reasons that I want to pursue Art Speak...because it is through our connection with other, where we can better see ourselves."

We at Art Speak look forward to showcasing this unique talent! See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment